June 13th - Picture Perfect Joseph

After a whole month of horrible weather, it finally seemed to have cleared up (perhaps momentarily). So we decided to up and make another weekend trip. This time it was to Wallowa Lake in Joseph, OR.
I almost had my body out the window as we were driving, because as we got near Wallowa, everything looked beautiful. I didn't want to miss a single view. Unfortunately this is the only good shot I took.

Once we arrived, we realised it was their Car Show day! And it wasn't one of those shows for modern Japanese racing cars. It was for good old classic vehicles. I went crazy and took 300 photos. Here are some of our favourites:
   

After chasing after me (and I was literally running around the whole street with my camera shouting "OH! Look at this one! Oh never mind this, look at THAT!! Oh my god I love EVERYTHING!") for about an hour, Dan stopped me and lead me to a place called Soda Shop.
At first I snapped and said "No. Soda is YOUR thing, not mine". But as he pushed me through the door, I fell in love with the place immediately.
 
I will just let the pictures describe what I saw. Whoever decorated this place should be given a medal.

After salivating over their menu, we went for Crabby Mary and Bucking Beef
 
Once my stomach was satisfied, we waddled next door to their gift shop and found a shelf full of fantastic hot sauces.
Some of these labels were too good.
  
We bought a bottle of Anal Angst, and strolled into the woods for some hiking action!

  
The hills were super steep but absolutely beautiful. That photo of me is from a few steps away. It was THAT steep. After sweating our lunch out, we drove out to the lake.

 
It is absolutely breath-taking how beautiful it is in Joseph. Everywhere you look is a scene you would only see in CGI movies now - but not as beautiful. Oh! And I found a morel mushroom!
It's like Jurassic Park! (fun size!)
Funny canoe names at the lake
Finally, we forced ourselves back into the car and drove back home... sobbing. 
It was such a beautiful day with the perfect weather, perfect food, perfect environment, and of course, perfect company.
 
When we got home, I made us healthy dinner with sweet potato chips, spinach salad, and chicken in our brand new ANAL ANGST SAUCE! Oh yes. Delicious.

1 comment: